Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July Currently

Well I was going to be #469 in the July Currently, but then I headed to Pappadeux's for my 6 year old's birthday dinner! I can't believe my youngest child is 6!  Regular old bananas!!

I found out recently one of my very good teacher friend's actually knows Mrs. Farley--lived in the same neighborhood actually (if you read my June Currently you know I call her Mrs. because I don't know her). Small world!


Listening-a girl has to listen to some snappy music when she's being manic and organizing!

Loving-Almost every closet, cabinet, drawer in this house is organized! Can you hear the music?  It's the Angels singing! I'm loving you all so much because you so darn smart!  I'm learning so much! In my dreams, I've been blog hoppin'! Crazy!

Thinking- I've been reading Nancie Atwell's, The Reading Zone.  I've struggled with what to do with my struggling, non-motivated readers.  I know choice is key, but it just wasn't working!  I let my students choose what they read because I know that's what works.  I've read/learned that a ton! I discovered the problem--me!  I don't know/haven't read enough children's books to help make great suggestions!  My true knowledge (not just synopsis) of great books isn't vast enough.

Wanting-I need a magic wand to accomplish the list of things I need to get done in the next four weeks! I would love to be able to read a book in 10 seconds because then I would know the perfect book for all my students! I'd also be able to finish The Reading Zone, Teach Like a Pirate, and Notebook Connections.

Needing-I have table compliment jars to make, a class compliment jar to make, a birthday board, a "When I'm Done" board, an Essential 55 meets 8 keys of Excellence board, and a curtain for door window! Whew! I told ya I needed to get crafting! When I'm done, I'll post pics and show you where I got all the ideas.

Tips, Tricks, and Hints-These tips are from the Fly Lady.  I learned about her while I was on sabbatical from teaching when my girls were itty bitties! My favorite two tips are wearing your tennis shoes and shining your kitchen sink every night before you go to bed. A girl has to put her tennis shoes on in the morning if she wants to get anything productive done...you'd be amazed what you can accomplish.  You'll feel like a racer! :-) Finally, if you want some motivation to keep/get that house clean, start with the kitchen sink.

Here's to the Black Eyed Peas, magic wands, tennis shoes, and shiny kitchen sinks!

-Veronica


No comments: