Thursday, July 11, 2013

Liebster Blog

I am tickled pink that I have been nominated for a Leibster Blog Award!   I started my blog June 21st, so I'm over the moon excited to be nominated by Lisa at Fluent in Fourth.  She's a really cute fellow fourth grade teacher.



Being part of the "blog world" has been such a blessing.  I've learned more in 3-4 weeks than I could have ever imagined.  Everyday, I'm inspired by such intelligent, dedicated teachers.  I spend a lot more time on my tookus than I should, but at least my brain is growing along with my rear.  Hee Hee!

To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them


Here are the 11 questions that I had to answer: 
1. If you could choose any 2 consecutive months of the year to have your "summer" break which months would you choose? 
June and July 
2. If you could take your class on a field trip to anywhere in the world where would you go? 
I'd take my class to Washington, D.C.  Learning and inspiration can't help but happen there.

3. If you weren't a teacher what would you be? 
I'd be an interior designer in New York City.  (Hey, if I'm going to pretend, why not pretend BIG!)
 
4. If you have a day all to yourself what is your favorite way to spend it? Blogging, of course!

5. What is your favorite food? Dill Dip and Kettle Chips.  It's the perfect blogging snack~hence the growing tookus!

6. If you were stuck on an island and could only have 3 items with you what would they be? 
A Kindle, a notebook, and a hammock.
 
7. What is your favorite vacation spot? 
Anywhere by the beach...
 
8. Do you have any pets? 
No. I want to, but I feel sorry for the pet I would have because we'd never be home to spend time with him or her.  I'm always running my three kiddos somewhere.
 
9. Do you prefer the mountains or the beach? Beach. I'm always cold.

10. What is your favorite tv show? Scandal

11. What book have you read recently that you would recommend? The Reading Zone by Nancie Atwell. It's a great book about the importance and logistics of reading workshop.  The book really teaches you how to hold students accountable while still reading purely for love.  Check it out!


Here are my 11 random facts:
I've been teaching for 9 years and I still love it ALMOST everyday.
I'm married to my high school sweetheart.
I have three daughters whose names are in alphabetical order (My mom started it-she was a tad OCD.)
I love basketball but none of my children want to play.
I can't remember song lyrics to save my life, so I just pretend I know the words and kinda hum the tune.
I love a good bargain!
I have a serious addiction to chocolate chip cookies and diet coke.
I love vintage home decor.
I'd love to be able to box--in a ring--with gloves--cage style. Grrr!
I love to bake.
I always want to have conversations about anything that causes "deep thought" instead of the frivolous.


Here are the questions I'd like to pose to my nominees:
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
What's your favorite linky?
What's your favorite type of writing?
Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Who was your least favorite teacher and why?
What happened on your "favorite" first day of school?
What's your favorite teaching memory?
What piece of advice do you give out the most?
What's your favorite teaching tip/trick?
If you could give one gift to your students, what would it be and why?
What's your idea of fun? 

Thank you for the nomination, Lisa!
-Veronica


No comments: