Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Made It

Phew! I'm home from a great vacation (hence the blog hiatus) and I'll spend the majority of my week at a GT workshop.  Fun Stuff! In an effort to bring some light into my world, I'm linking up with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.


I needed something cutesie for my supplies that I don't like to keep on the desks at all times-things like scissors which cut erasers clear off the tops of pencils and glue which somehow finds its way stuck to things other than paper. Of course I had to have silver tubs to match what I created in this post and always need something inexpensive.  Enter Save on Crafts !  Have you seen this site?  If not, hurry over.  It's so incredible and reasonable.  Very cute stuff! I found these awesome tins for about $2 a piece.

I labeled the bins with free labels from Ladybug Teacher Files. Most buckets are filled with your "normal" classroom supplies, but there are two special buckets I'd like to tell you about.

Both buckets contain editing MAGIC!

First, this bucket, which holds glasses from Oriental Trading Co. for my students to use, so they can put on a "writer's eye".


Second, this bucket which will hold numerous "Miss Bartlebine Pens".  The book pictured below is all about the run-on sentence and how it is no match for Miss Bartlebine and her pen.  I gave these special pens to my students right before standardized testing last year, so they could feel like they had a little something extra to help them through their test.  This year, I plan to introduce it much sooner and send those pens on the hunt for the no-good rotten, run-on all year long!

Happy Monday, everyone!

-Veronica

No comments: